Saturday, January 5, 2008

Oh Yes, Its Glittery and Shiny.....

But sadly, not too glamorous on my standards. I came across this
interesting shirt when I was shopping with my mom. I immediately
thought of how perfect it would be for my blog. And so, I will
discuss the glitter, sparkle, and spangle issue. I don't like
anything with beadwork, sparkles, etc. I think that it just doesn't
work. Most of the time it is over the top and unnecessary. It looks
more like evening wear than everyday wear. I haven't ever really
seen an example this spectacular, because usually there aren't this
much sequins. This shirt looks like an 80's disco party went
slightly wrong. Its kind of got a strobe light effect, even though
it lost some of its powers. My advice is, keep it simple and keep it
non-shiny, not glittery, not beaded...... not a lot of things. I do
like gray, and you could get the glitzy effect by adding some jewels!

0 comments: